Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Review of INSIDER: Exodus End World Tour book 1 by Olivia Cunning

Shy, nerdy Toni Nichols put her life on hold to help raise her little sister but now a once in a lifetime chance has been handed to her at work. Toni is eager to prove that she is the right person to write the digital biography of heavy metal band Exodus End. Though she worries that she won't be able to break out of her shell or that the band won't accept a strange woman (a journalist) immersing herself into their life on tour.

Sexy, extreme sports-loving bassist, Logan Schmidt finds the temptation of Toni's sweet innocence irresistible. Lucky for him, she reciprocates his lust.  Soon they are rocking the back of the tour bus. Toni knows that Logan isn't in it for the long term, but can she protect her heart from being broken?

*****

I loved Toni and Logan's story! When I saw that Olivia Cunning had a new story coming out featuring the members of the heavy metal band Exodus End I knew I had to get my hands on it! I've been intrigued by these guys since their introduction in the Sinners on Tour series.  Dare Wells has been on my radar for a looooong time! And Max, oh yeah, I can't wait for these guys to get their stories...though who know that I'd also be so eager for Logan and Steve's books too!

 I'm surprised that this book didn't make my ereader burst into flames, the story was that hot. Toni and Logan lit up the pages as they tried to sate their desires.  Not only was their sexual chemistry sizzling, but these were two characters that drew me in, making me care about how they would work their relationship into a HEA.  

Logan's bandmates were also greatly fleshed out into likeable characters, making me eager for all of their stories to come out, including Reagan Elliot, who we first met in DOUBLE TIME, book 5. It sounds like she gets the next book, which really intrigues me, making me wonder if she will remain with Ethan and Trey or if maybe there is someone else for her and her alone...

I loved the writing and I loved the characters but there were 2 things that negatively affected my rating.  I felt that the "big misunderstanding" was too predictable... I won't give anything away, but it was early on in the story when I guessed what would happen, but I will say that the person who did it wasn't who I expected it to be. Also, the second thing that bother me was how quickly Toni forgave the person who hurt her almost instantly. I think that it would have been a little more realistic if Toni had been upset a little bit longer. Obviously though, it didn't affect my rating too much...only a 1/2 a heart. The rest of the writing was tight, and all of the characters were well fleshed out.



No comments:

Post a Comment